Job Site Ready
Construction Work Exploration and Training Program
with 30 hours of online learning followed by in-person hands-on labs
The JSR Construction Training Program allows you to explore and work toward a career in the construction industry. Through 30 hours of self-paced online learning and 15 hours of in-person hands-on training, students will be exposed to the potential of working in the construction industry, as well as acquire the basic knowledge and skills to become a safe, confident, and a productive member of a construction team.
The JSR training is a micro-credential available as non-credit workforce training,
pre-apprenticeship hours, or a Gallatin College carpentry program prior learning credit.
After completion of the program, students will have sufficient understanding of the
construction industry, training in basic hand and power tool operation, job site safety,
and construction processes and techniques required for entry level construction work,
apprenticeship program entry, or further applied construction industry training.
Step 1: Online Instruction
Complete ten short online instruction video modules at your own pace, but before the
in-person lab in Bozeman.
(approximately 30 hours online)
- Opportunities in the World of Construction
- What to Expect your First Day on the Job
- Common Construction Materials
- Hand Tool Safety and Use
- Power Tool Safety and Use
- Rigging, Hand Signals, and Working Around Heavy Equipment
- Marking, Measuring, and Basic Construction Math
- Construction Drawings and Blueprint Reading
- The Basics of Carpentry and Rough Framing
- The Basics of Concrete in Construction
Step 2: In-Person Hands-On Lab
April 22-23, 2023 OR May 20-21, 2023 at Gallatin College
Attend the Gallatin College MSU Job Site Ready in-person lab this spring or at another
Job Site Ready partner location.
(15 hours total) Located at 705 Osterman Drive in Bozeman.
Get Started Today!
Program Cost: $750
Includes online instruction, in-person lab workshop, and a 20-piece tool set to utilize
and take to your future jobsite.
Scholarships are available! To request a scholarship, please submit a 150-250 word email explaining your interest in the course, future education or career plans, and financial need (optional) to Nikki Michaels by April 1. At this time, scholarships are only available to students who will complete the lab portion in Bozeman.If requesting a scholarship, please contact us before registering.
NOTE: This is a state-wide grant program with registration through Accelerate Montana and instruction through Gallatin College MSU.
- Click the registration button below.
- Select the Add to Cart button and follow the instructions through checkout.
- Once payment has been completed, you will receive login information and will have access to the online portion of the program. Please note that payment must be received before the login information will be sent to you.
- Upon completion of the online portion at a 70% or higher pass rate, learners will be given the opportunity to register for the Gallatin College on-site lab or the next state-wide onsite training that best suits your time or location needs.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 406-994-5536