Job Site Ready
Construction Work Exploration and Training Program
with 30 hours of online learning followed by an in-person hands-on lab
The JSR Construction Training Program will help participants explore and work toward a career in the construction industry. Through 30 hours of self-paced online learning and 15 hours of in-person hands-on training, students will be exposed to the potential of working in the construction industry, as well as acquire the basic knowledge and skills to become a safe, confident, and a productive member of a construction team.
The JSR training is a micro-credential available as non-credit workforce training,
pre-apprenticeship hours, or Montana University System credit option. After completion
of the program, students will have sufficient understanding of the construction industry,
training in basic hand and power tool operation, job site safety, and construction
processes and techniques required for entry level construction work, apprenticeship
program entry, or further applied construction industry training.
Step 1: Online Instruction
Complete ten short online instruction video modules at your own pace, but before the
in-person lab on September 25 and 26.
(approximately 30 hours online)
- Opportunities in the World of Construction
- What to Expect your First Day on the Job
- Common Construction Materials
- Hand Tool Safety and Use
- Power Tool Safety and Use
- Rigging, Hand Signals, and Working Around Heavy Equipment
- Marking, Measuring, and Basic Construction Math
- Construction Drawings and Blueprint Reading
- The Basics of Carpentry and Rough Framing
- The Basics of Concrete in Construction
Step 2: In-Person Hands-On Lab (Gallatin College - September 25 and 26)
Attend the Gallatin College MSU Job Site Ready in-person lab this coming Fall or at
another Job Site Ready partner location.
(15 hours total) Located at 705 Osterman Drive in Bozeman. You may select this lab location and dates once you have registered and completed your training modules
Get Started Today!
Program Cost: $750
Includes online instruction, in-person lab workshop, and a 20-piece tool set to utilize and take to your future jobsite. Scholarship opportunities and early registration rates available; contact us to inquire.
NOTE: This is a state-wide grant program with registration through University of Montana and instruction through Gallatin College MSU
- Click the registration button below.
- Select the Add to Cart button and follow the instructions through checkout.
- Within five business days, you will receive login information. The subject line of the email will be: “University of Montana Online Course Access.” Please note that payment must be received before the login information will be sent to you.
- Upon completion of the online portion at a 70% or higher pass rate, learners will
be given the opportunity to register for the Gallatin College on-site lab or the next
state-wide onsite training that best suits your time or location needs.
Join our mailing list for information on Fall 2021 Gallatin College Job Site Ready dates OR
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 406-994-5536