Gallatin College MSU currently offers over 20 Workforce degree programs. Learn more about program options here

In addition to the courses in each of the degree programs, Gallatin College also provides developmental education courses:

  • Foundations of Mathematics (M 063)  to be taken in the first third of semester, followed by Introductory Algebra (M090) for the remaining two-thirds of the semester
  • Effective Academic Practices (COLS 100) for students wishing to develop the organizational and study skills essential to a successful college career for 3 credits, and College Learning Strategies (COLS 103) offered as a less-in-depth 1 credit course
  • First Year Seminar (COLS 101US), a Core 2.0 freshman seminar identical to the University Studies First Year Seminar, offered to students wishing to take the course through the Gallatin College.

The tuition is $112.40 per credit hour plus additional fees (see the tuition and fee table).

Gallatin College students can either pay their tuition and fees online through their MyInfo site or at the MSU Student Accounts office in Montana Hall.

An Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree is designed to prepare students for immediate entry into the workforce but may be fully or partially transferable to four-year programs. An Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree, and an Associate of Science (A.S.) degree, are general transfer degrees indicating that the student has completed their Core 2.0 and electives that can be used towards a bachelor's degree.

Yes, we offer the AA and AS degree.  Gallatin College’s transfer and general education degrees (Associate of Arts and Associate of Science) are designed to meet the needs of students who are undecided about their educational goals, prefer small class sizes, need academic skills improvement, or desire a more gradual entrance into the university.   Here are some of the unique aspects of Gallatin College:

  • Courses are offered primarily in the mornings and evenings at a community location (off the MSU campus).
  • MSU housing is not available for students in the transfer and general education degree programs (Associate of Arts and Associate of Science).
  • These degrees can be completed online, however, courses may be limited with this type of delivery. Please contact us to learn more. 

Students are always welcome to take just a few of our classes. Students admitted to MSU may enroll in a Gallatin College class with permission from Gallatin College, which is available from the Gallatin College office. Gallatin College students who need an MSU class will need to submit a transmittal of application materials before enrolling in an MSU class.

Our application can be found on the GC website. Please fill out on-line

  • Application
  • Application Fee
  • High School transcripts or GED (sent from school or state to Admissions Office) OR
  • College transcripts (unless from MSU – Bozeman)
A completed application for admission with a $38 non-refundable fee (free for MT residents), final official high school transcript posting graduation date or GED scores, official transcript(s) of ALL previous college coursework.
Please send a $38 non-refundable fee (if non-resident), a final official high school transcript or GED scores or college transcripts (other than MSU transcripts). ACT, SAT or COMPASS test scores within the past 3 years are not required, but useful for course placement if you already have taken them. Students born after 1956 are required to send documentation of the Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccinations (two doses) and TB skin test. Immunizations questions can be answered at Student Health services, 994-2311.
At this time we have limited online classes. Please contact us directly for more information.
After you have received your letter of acceptance, you will receive a letter inviting you to attend an orientation session. You may call our office (994-5536) with questions concerning orientation.  Orientation is highly recommended as it is the best time to register for classes.
Yes, you may live in MSU housing if you are enrolled in a Workforce Program.  You cannot live on campus if you are enrolled in the AA or AS degree. The office of Residential Life can be reached at 406-994-2661 or online.
No you do not need to live on campus if you are taking only Gallatin College classes.
You may buy a Cat Card in the Hedges Complex Room 31. The fee is $15. A CAT card will allow you to access various services and discounts and serves as your student ID card.
Yes, as a Gallatin College student you have access to the library. The fees for the use of these facilities are included in your tuition and fees.
The student health service fee paid by general MSU students will be optional for Gallatin College students. If you pay the student health services fee you can use the facility. Additional charges for services will apply. 
Financial Aid is available for Gallatin College students. Please fill out the FAFSA online and use the MSU school code of 002532. Scholarships are available. Please see our Scholarship page. 
Gallatin College students may opt in and pay the Athletic fee that MSU students pay for athletic events and the Gym membership. 
Students are assigned an advisor based on their major at Gallatin College. Advisors are available year round by appointment.
You will need to apply to MSU. The application fee is waived for this process and it is not necessary to supply another set of immunization records or transcripts as MSU admissions will already have these on file if you were accepted to Gallatin College.
Please fill out an "Intent to Register" form found on the Registrar's website.