IT Computer Network Technology
Computer Network Technology students have the opportunity to pursue a one-year Certificate of Applied Science or continue on to receive a two-year Associate of Applied Science degree.
This Computer Network Technology program introduces students to the design, implementation, and management of linked systems of computers and peripherals. Theprogram provides students with knowledge and skills to:
- Identify computer hardware, software and applications
- Configure local area (LAN) and wide area (WAN) networking
- Summarize principles of information systems security
- Install, configure, manage, and maintain network infrastructure equipment and software
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer and network systems terms and concepts
- Install, configure, manage, maintain, and troubleshoot server computer systems
- Setup, install, configure, and troubleshoot hardware/software for desktop computer systems
Students will also learn to maximize efficiency and productivity in preparation to work in the broad field of IT. The final goal of this program is to prepare students to sit for industry recognized certifications including: CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Security+, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft.
This program has limited openings and has been at full capacity in recent years, please apply early and contact Gallatin College for further information if interested.
Students will need reliable all-season personal transportation as public transportation is not available for all course locations