Interior Design Program
The Interior Design program has been developed to prepare students with a wide variety of skills and competencies for entry into various areas of the design field, ranging from residential to commercial design.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Understand the theory and history of design and apply design principles and elements to their projects.
- Communicate in the language of interior design using listening, verbal, and written skills to interact with clients.
- Communicate graphically according to current architectural standards using both hand-drafting and digital techniques.
- Demonstrate research abilities and critical thinking in space planning, selection of finish materials, and application of codes for residential and commercial projects.
- Increase their body of knowledge in a wide variety of areas including construction and finish materials, color and lighting technologies, NKBA guide-lines, residential and commercial codes, sustainability, and professional practice.
- Employ creative skills to create presentations of their projects using hand- and digital drafting and rendering to produce professional sample boards and finish schedules.
Students are strongly advised to enter the program with good keyboarding skills.
Please note, most of courses in this program are taught at this location however some may be held at an alternative location. Please check your schedule for exact location.
Students may need reliable all-season personal transportation as public transportation is not available for all course locations.