Aviation Electronics Technology
The Aviation Electronics Technology (Avionics) program teaches the
theoretical and technical applications of avionics within the aviation
Through hands-on training with aircraft electronics and associated electrical equipment, you will learn to test, troubleshoot, and repair components for aircraft communication, navigation, instrument and control systems. Graduates will be prepared to earn industry recognized certifications and work as technicians in the aircraft electronics maintenance and repair field, earning high wages in an industry needing these highly demanded skills!
- Electrical components for aircraft communication, navigation, instrument, and control systems as applicable to current and emerging aviation industry practices.
- Avionic inspection and maintenance procedures as required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Professional and ethical work practices for the aviation industry.
- Applications of avionics technology for aeronautical principles, design characteristics, and system operation for a variety of aircraft.
- Operating procedures for aviation computers and related technology.
- Component troubleshooting for complex avionics systems.
- Precision tool and test equipment use for accurate repairs.
- Critical knowledge for industry-related exams including the Federal Communications
Commission Radio Operator certification exam.
...and much more!
Please Note: Students will need reliable all-season personal transportation as public transportation is not available for all course locations.