Drafting & CAD Technology
formerly Design Drafting Technology Program
In the Drafting and CAD Technology program students acquire the skills necessary for entry-level drafting jobs in the design/ drafting industry.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Create Construction Documents and Shop Drawings for Architects, Engineers and Manufacturers.
- Visualize and measure 3D objects and buildings and recreate them in computer-aided design software (CAD).
- Render objects and buildings for presentation in programs including: Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD Architecture, and 3DS Max.
- Create a complete set of residential plans using CAD software.
- Draw a site plan including topography using CAD software.
- Create thematic maps from GIS data.
- Estimate construction material quantities and building costs.
Gallatin College has established additional health and safety measures for Fall 2020 in order to maintain exceptional education and training for our students. Please be aware that Drafting and CAD Technology courses are currently scheduled to be delivered through a majority of in-person instruction with supplemental online instruction for those who cannot attend in person. If we need to shift to online delivery for increased safety measures, we are prepared to do so. For specific details, please contact the program director Sean Peterson.