Interior Design Program
The Interior Design program has been developed to prepare students with a wide variety of skills and competencies for entry into various areas of the design field, ranging from residential to commercial design.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Understand the theory and history of design and apply design principles and elements to their projects.
- Communicate in the language of interior design using listening, verbal, and written skills to interact with clients.
- Communicate graphically according to current architectural standards using both hand-drafting and digital techniques.
- Demonstrate research abilities and critical thinking in space planning, selection of finish materials, and application of codes for residential and commercial projects.
- Increase their body of knowledge in a wide variety of areas including construction and finish materials, color and lighting technologies, NKBA guide-lines, residential and commercial codes, sustainability, and professional practice.
- Employ creative skills to create presentations of their projects using hand- and digital drafting and rendering to produce professional sample boards and finish schedules.
Students are strongly advised to enter the program with good keyboarding skills.