Certificate of Applied Science in Healthcare Administration
The Healthcare Administrative Professional Certificate provides students the ability to work in a variety of health care settings including hospitals, clinics, home health agencies, long-term care, insurance companies, consulting firms and software vendors.
Upon completion of the certificate, students will be prepared to work alongside administrative teams in positions including healthcare coding, medical billing/financials, and entry level management.
Graduates will also be eligible for certifications in Medical Coding, Medical Billing, and Medical Administrative Specialist from certification bureaus such as American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), and American Medical Technologists (AMT).
The Healthcare Administrative Professional program is part of Gallatin College MSU, southwest Montana’s two-year college.
High Demand for Graduates
Now more than ever, physicians, nurses and other medical staff rely on Healthcare Administrative Professionals as a part of the team in the dynamic healthcare industry.
At Gallatin College MSU, a combination of small class sizes, hands-on training and highly qualified instructors makes for a student-centered approach focused on success.
Accelerated Time to Degree
Students are ready to enter into a career in one year after completing the Medical Assistant program at Gallatin College.
Healthcare Administrative Professional program graduates will be able to enter the workforce with the ability to:
- Demonstrate basic medical coding in accordance with universally recognized coding systems.
- Practice basic medical billing and reimbursement procedures and generate basic financial transactions through the accounting cycle
- Discuss basic medical terminology and human anatomy.
- Model entry-level medical office functions using standard and emerging healthcare administrative technologies
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication at a professional level
- Express a working knowledge of business fundamentals within management, marketing, product/service development, sales, and basic accountancy.
- Understand how to access human, financial, and business resources.
- Create an actionable business plan.
- Identify local healthcare market needs and provide examples of how to respond to changes that can impact a business
- Model traits of effective and prepared leadership
Healthcare Administrative students at Gallatin College MSU go into careers such as:
- Medical Coder
- Medical Biller
- Patient Financial Counselor
- Healthcare Business Office Personnel
- Clinic Administrator
- Medical Records Specialist
$35,000 (entry) - $52,000 (after 3+ years)
To explore more career possibilities, Gallatin College MSU has a variety of resources available to help with navigating the job search process,including career services and internal job postings.