Earn a valuable two-year degree to begin a career in the growing IT industry and help support the information security needs of businesses.
A.A.S. in Cyber Security & Information Assurance
Information technology is one of the fastest-growing career fields today. The IT Cyber Security Information Assurance curriculum at Gallatin College MSU prepares students to support the information security needs of businesses. Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to identify cyber threats, implement and maintain proper security measures, respond to system intrusions, and provide creative solutions to emerging risks. In addition to their associates degree, the curriculum prepares students to earn the following certifications: CompTIA (Network+, Linux+, Security+), EC-Council's Certified Ethical Hacker, and Cisco Certified Network Associate.
A Certificate of Technical Skills (CTS) in IT Cyber Security is also available for IT professionals who have already completed IT Network Technology courses.
Ten Years of Excellence
Gallatin College MSU has been providing an accessible, student-centered education that supports individuals’ personal and professional goals since 2009.
At Gallatin College MSU, students are offered hands-on experiences in labs, studios, teaching farms and in the surrounding wilderness.
At Gallatin College, a combination of small class sizes, hands-on education and training and highly qualified instructors with relevant industry experience makes for a student-centered approach focused on success and goal fulfillment.
Upon completion of the IT Cyber Security Information Assurance program, a graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer and network systems terms and concepts.
- Setup, install, configure, and troubleshoot hardware/software for desktop computer systems.
- Install, configure, manage, and maintain network-based voice, audio, and video technologies.
- Install, configure, manage, and maintain network infrastructure equipment and software.
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer and network security terms and concepts.
- Implement, configure, and troubleshoot network security software and hardware.
- Design secure computer and network infrastructures.
IT Cyber Security Information Assurance students at Gallatin College MSU go into careers such as:
- Penetration Tester
SOC Tier 2 Analyst
Cyber Security Response Manager
Network Security Operations
Potential Annual Salary
$45,000 (entry) - $130,000 (after 4+ years)
To explore more career possibilities, Gallatin College MSU has a variety of resources available to help with navigating the job search process, including career services and internal job postings.