Students completing the AAS in Aviation will have all credentials required to pursue a career as a professional pilot. The program offers in-depth training in all stages of pilot certification: Private Pilot, Instrument Rating, and Commercial Pilot. The program also offers classroom training in Aircraft Systems, Advanced Navigation Systems, Aviation Safety, Flight Instructor/ Aircraft Theory, and Aviation Regulations and Professional Conduct.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Apply knowledge in aviation to adapt to emerging aviation trends.
- Conduct themselves professionally and ethically.
- Understand and analyze the role of aviation safety and human factors to the aviation industry.
- Describe meteorology as it relates to aviation.
- Independently fly and safely operate airplanes for which they are rated.
- Demonstrate an understanding and the appropriate application of aeronautical principles, design characteristics, and operational limitations, for a variety of aircraft as it relates to the student's career goals.
- Communicate effectively using both written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in math computation for aviation and modern society.
- Demonstrate effective skills in the use of computers and aviation related technology.
Total program costs include the following: