Gallatin College Dean Search
Dear MSU Community,
As I announced before the holidays, Montana State University is launching a national search for the next Dean of Gallatin College. This message provides an update on the status of the search.
I am pleased to announce that Mark Ranalli, Dean of Jake Jabs College of Business and Entrepreneurship, will chair the search committee, with support from the Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT), a higher education search consulting company. Julie Heard from my office will provide administrative support.
A search committee has been formed with individuals whose backgrounds and contributions to MSU will help us identify the most qualified candidates.
The Committee members, in alphabetical order are:
- Nicole Berg, Gallatin College Student Success Director
- Marilyn King, Deputy Superintendent, Bozeman Schools
- Kim Obbink, Director, Academic Technology and Outreach, MSU
- Bill Procunier, IT Program Advisory Board Member
- Mark Ranalli, Dean, Jake Jabs College of Business and Entrepreneurship, and Committee Chair
- Rich Rehberger, faculty and Chair Department of Mathematics, Gallatin College
- Teresa Slye, faculty and Program Director Interior Design, Gallatin College
Please join me in thanking these individuals for their willingness to serve in this important role. I encourage you to share your thoughts and ideas for this position with members of the search committee so that they may incorporate your comments into the process.
An open forum for faculty, staff and community members will be held on February 8, 2019 from 11:00 am – 12:00 p m in Strand Student Union Building, Ballroom B.
Finalists will be invited to visit our campus in early April and we anticipate our new Dean of Gallatin College to start by July 1, 2019. Throughout the search process, I will provide updates with more specific timelines and milestones.
Dr. Robert L. Mokwa | Executive Vice President and Provost
Montana State University
Link to the Job Description and Application at:
The target date for applications is: March 1, 2019
For additional information, nominations or confidential inquiries, contact:
Pamila Fisher, Ed.D., ACCT Search Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, (406) 570-0516 (mobile)